NOTE: READ BELOW to check Aadhar card status and download aadhar card easily.
Do you want to check aadhar card status by name or by enrolment no?
If Yes then, you are in the right place. I am sure, you will get all the related information that you are finding here.
How to check aadhar card status by name?
If you lost your acknowledgment slip or misplaced your enrolment slip, then don’t worry. You can easily retrieve your enrolment number and check your aadhar card status easily.
To check aadhar card status without enrolment number, you have to follow these steps:
- Go to the UIDAI official website and click on check aadhar status.
- after then click on “retrieve your lost EID/UID” OR click here.
- Enter your personal details like Full name, Email, Mo.no, and security code. Then click on send OTP. OTP will arrive at your register mobile number.
- Enter the OTP number in the blank box and click on verify OTP.
- After the OTP verified, the enrolment number and aadhar number will arrive at the registered email id and mobile number of the applicant.
- After enrolment number received you can check your aadhar card status by this enrolment number by following the above steps.
One thing, I want to tell you that, the official site of aadhar card – UIDAI, is updated and many changes have been done in this UIDAI site of aadhar card.
So, follow the above steps correctly to check your status. This update site is more user-friendly than previous but many things have been changed by the purpose of security reasons.
What is the need to check status?
The question can be arises to your mind that what is the need to check status? Aadhar will reach to your home automatically, Right?
I am telling you what is the need actually to track aadhar.
In some cases, many problems may arrive in the process of application or updation of aadhar card. In these cases, tracking will helpful for you.
You can also download e aadhar for your emergencies before aadhar reaches to your home.
how to check aadhar card status online by enrolment number?
It’s a very short and simple process to check aadhar card status by enrolment number. You can check your aadhar card status by visiting the UIDAI official portal. This is is a totally free process.
To check aadhar card status online by enrolment number You have to follow the given steps below:
- First of all, you have to visit UIDAI official portal
- Click on the “check aadhar status” OR visit here.
- Enter your enrolment id, date and time which is given in acknowledgment slip.
- Enter security code-captcha and click on check status button. You will get a message on your registered mobile number once your aadhar is generated.
- If you want to download e aadhar you can click on download e aadhar option. The electronic aadhaar card can be download by this method.
- In case, if you want to get aadhar card on mobile click on get aadhar on mobile option.
How to check status without enrolment number?
You have to first retrieve your enrolment number. After then you can check your aadhaar card status through this enrolment number. This method is useful when you lost your acknowledgment slip.
But How will you find your enrolment number?
you can find your enrolment number easily by visiting UIDAI portal.
- After visiting the UIDAI portal click on “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” OR visit here.
- Fill the details and click on “Send OTP“. Verify the OTP and you will receive your enrolment number.
- Through this enrolment number, you can check aadhar card status by click here.
- Enter the details and click on “check status” button.
You can check status and can download aadhar card if it generated.
How to check aadhar card address update status by aadhar number and URN?
After enrolment is done, the applicant can check aadhar card address update status by following below steps:
- Go to UIDAI portal and click on “check online address update status” in update aadhar row OR click here
- Fill details like aadhar number, URN Or SRN number and captcha security code.
- Click on “Check status”.
- You will get status of your aadhar update.
- In case your aadhar is updated you can download e-aadhar and can print it.
By this method, you can check aadhar card address update status.
How to find the enrolment center near you?
This is a very simple online process. You have to just follow the below steps:
(a.) State:- in this option you have to select state and you can find your nearest enrolment center.
(b.) Postal code:- This is a very suitable option from 3 options. In this, you have to just enter your postal code and you will get your information.
(c.) the third option is the search option:- in this, you have to search for your city and you will able to find the nearest aadhaar center.
STEP 2: You have to visit aadhar centers with related documents like id proof and birth certificate.
After applying for aadhar card you will receive acknowledgment slip.
Once you will receive acknowledgment slip you can check aadhar card status online as well as offline by this acknowledgment slip.
Don’t worry! you can also check your aadhar card status by name if you lost your acknowledgment slip or number.
What is Aadhar
Aadhar is 12 digits unique identity number that can be obtained by a resident of India, which is based on the biometric and demographic data. The Aadar card is provided by the government on which this 12 digits unique identity and other information like address and mobile number is mention.
It’s a mandatory document for every Indian citizen. Government of India making aadhar card necessarily day to day to avail subsidy, banking process and in many other government schemes.
How to check aadhar card status by SMS offline?
You can also check your aadhar card status offline by SMS.
To check aadhar card status by SMS you have to follow these steps:
- Type the following message”UID STATUS<type your enrolment number>” and send this SMS to 51969 number.
- If your aadhar card is generated an applicant will receive aadhar card number on mobile.
- In case if aadhar card is not generated an applicant will receive a message with update status.
Aadhar status by call (toll-free helpline number)
If you don’t have any laptop, pc or any internet connection and you want to check aadhar card status in an easy way, you can simply check it by just dial a number.
It’s one of the easiest way as per my view. Isn’t it?
You have to dial a toll-free number 1947 and ask the call executive about your aadhar card status by providing your information related to this.
You can also ask about your other queries related to an aadhar card.
How to Check aadhar update status through a post?
Once your aadhar is generated and dispatched by UIDAI, it takes around 90 days to reach your residential address. But you can track your aadhar card from the Indian post.
- Visit the India post’s official website.
- Enter your tracking details which you can get from uidai official website.
- Tracking details will be displayed on the screen.
How can you retrieve your lost enrolment number
Many of you had lost enrolment slip, which is provided at the time of the registration process or update process of an aadhar card and worried about it.
Don’t need to worry!
You can easily retrieve it.
- Go to Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) official website and click on “check aadhar status”.
- after then click on “retrieve your lost EID/UID“.
- Enter details like Full name, Email, Mo.no, and security code. Then click on the “Send OTP” button. OTP will arrive at your register mobile number. Enter this OTP and verify it.
- After the OTP verified, the enrolment number and Date/Time will arrive at the registered email id and mobile number of the applicant.
Aadhar card status by name
FAQs on Aadhar card Status & Download
Enter your name, date of birth (DOB) and captcha code in particular fields. Then click on the submit button. In this way, you can check your aadhar card status.
To check aadhar card status, you have to retrieve your acknowledgment number first. to do this, visit here and submit details which have been asked like name.
You have to click the “download e aadhar” link and fill the details. The electronic aadhar will download in pdf format.
No. You will not be charged to check aadhar status. Recently you can check it for free.
The date for linking aadhar with pan has been extended till 31 June because of the novel coronavirus. You should visit nsdl site to link your pan.