Government of India has made mandatory to link their aadhar card with the bank account. You can get trapped in trouble to receive transactions from the government if you have not linked your aadhar card with your bank account. As well as, banks also getting deactivates all accounts which are not linked to aadhar card.
You can link your aadhar card with bank account online as well as offline.
Link aadhar with bank account by visiting the bank / Offline
To link your aadhar with bank follow the steps below:
- Firstly visit your bank’s nearest branch and ask for “aadhar-linking form“. You can also find aadhar linking application form by visiting the bank’s official website. Get a printout of this form.
- Fill all required data correctly of this form like a bank account number, aadhar card number etc.
- Attach a self-attested copy of aadhar card with this form.
- Submit the form with self-attested aadhar copy to the bank. You may ask for the original aadhar card for the verification purpose at the counter.
- Your application will be accepted by a bank and it will take some days to link your aadhar card with a bank account. They will notify you once your aadhar card will link with your bank account.
Link aadhar through SMS / Offline (SBI)
This method is very simple. You can link your aadhar with bank account by just sending 1 SMS. But there is one problem that Not all banks support this facility as well. I have described a method that how can you link State Bank of India (SBI) accounts with an aadhar card.
- Go to your mobile messaging app and type a message in this format: UID<space> yourAadhaar number<space>your Account number. (Note: Message format can be changed with the bank)
- Send this message to 567676.
- After some time, you will get the confirmation message stating that your sending request has been accepted.
- Your bank will verify your details with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- You may get the message asking you to visit the nearest branch of the bank with the original aadhar card for the verification purpose, in case your verification request is unsuccessful.
By following the above steps, you can link your aadhar card with a bank account through SMS.
To check aadhar card status by name click here
Aadhar linking trough bank ATM / Online
You can link your aadhar card with bank account online by automated trailer machine called ATM. To link aadhar by atm follow the steps below:
- Go to bank atm machine and swipe your atm card.
- Enter your 4 digits pin.
- After then, select the “registrations” option in the “services” menu.
- You will get so many options. Click on the “Aadhar registration” option among them.
- Select which type of account you have (Either saving account or current account).
- Now enter your 12 digits aadhar number and re-enter it.
- Click on the Ok button. You will get a confirmation message regarding the successful linking of your Aadhaar card with your bank account.
You can also link your aadhar card through bank’s mobile app and also by internet banking for which you can refer this article