If you wish to link aadhar card with pan card, then you are in the right place. I will tell you methods in detail to link your aadhar with pan card.
The government of India provides various methods to link aadhar card with pan card. It is mandatory to link because if you want to pay income tax return; it would not process without linking aadhar card with a pan. This is also required to link in bank transactions beyond Rs. 50,000. It is a very easy and simple process.
If you have not linked your aadhar with pan card, link it before deadline date 30th September. So, take care of this.
Importance of aadhar card and pan card linking
- It’s important to prevent issuing more than one pan card on one name.
- The government made mandatory to link pan with aadhar. All pan not linked with aadhar will be deactivated after 30th September 2019.
- It’s necessary to linking aadhar with a pan for the banking process. Income tax return form would not be processed if your aadhar not linked to a pan card.
- From this linking user will get summarised details of taxes levied on him for future reference.
Mainly two methods are available to link aadhar card with pan card.
- Through E-Filing website
- Through sending SMS
Pan card linking with Aadhar card online through e-filing website:
You can link aadhar with a pan through the e-filing website by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the income tax e-filing website to link aadhar with pan. One form will open on the screen.
- Enter your pan number and aadhar number details into the box. Enter your name mentioned as per your aadhar card.
- In case the only year of birth is mentioned in your aadhar card, you have to click on the square box below.
- Enter the captcha code in the box shown in the image.
OR visually challenged users also request for the OTP, which will send to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP instead of captcha code.
- After then, click on “Link Aadhar” button.
- After entering all details correctly, a pop-up message will appear to show that your aadhar will be linked with your pan successfully.
By this method, you can link your aadhar card with your pan card.
How to Link aadhar with the pan by sending SMS
To link your aadhar with the pan by sending SMS to follow the step mentioned below:
- Go to your messaging app in your mobile and You have to type a message in this format.
UIDPAN< Your 12 Digit Aadhaar number> <Your 10 Digit PAN number>
- Send this message to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
NOTE: You have to send a message from the registered mobile number only. otherwise, the process of linking will not start.
Example:- If your Aadhaar number is 123456789012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234A, you have to type “UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234A” and send the message to either 567678 or 56161.
The pan linking process with aadhar card only been done, when details of both documents match with each other. If any spelling mistakes in the name will come pan will not get a link with aadhar card.
In such cases, you have to correct the details in one document aadhar card or pan card. You can correct details of aadhar card by visiting UIDAI portal and correct the details of pan card by visiting NSDL.
I hope, you got all relevant information about aadhar card and pan card linking, which you are seeking for.
Fell free to comment if you have any questions regarding this.