If you want to change/Update aadhar card address online and if you want to update your aadhar card by Name, Mobile no and other details then, you are in the right place. You can change your aadhar card address online as well as offline.
Aadhar card is our identity card. So, we need to maintain the details of aadhar card up to date. Therefore, it is required to update aadhar card if any change occurs.
What details we can change in aadhar card online?
People can not change or update their all details of aadhar card online. As per the latest rules, an individual can change aadhar card address online. But for update other details you have to visit your nearest enrolment center.
Which details cannot be updated online?
This is the details we cannot update online. To update these details you have to visit your nearest enrolment center with proper documents.
Name on aadhar card
Date of birth
Today, I will tell you the procedure to change aadhar card address online and offline.
How to change aadhar card address online?
We can update aadhar card by name, mobile number, email id, gender, address etc; online and offline. To change your aadhar card address online you have to follow steps below:
- Visit UIDAI official portal
- Click on update address online in second section-update aadhar of uidai portal OR click here
- If you have valid address proof click on “proceed to update address”
- On new tab enter your 12 digits aadhar number and fill the captcha.
- Then click on send otp button. Enter the OTP which is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Otherwise, you can also use alternatively TOTP option; which is time-based one time password. TOTP is only valid for 30 seconds.
- After validating the otp you will log in to your aadhar account. Tick the address option and click on the submit button.
- Enter your residential address which is mentioned in your Proof of Address and after that click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- In case, if you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option.
- Now tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Select the document which you want to upload as your address proof and upload its scanned copy. Then Click on the submit button.
- Click on yes button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit.
- The BPO service provider will inspect your data match with proof of address your data and forward your request to UIDAI. Then, UIDAI accepts your request and acknowledgment slip will be provided to you.
Acknowledgment slip used for track update status which contains update request number (URN); which will use to check update status and after the update you can download your aadhar card and can print it out.
How to update the address in aadhar without address proof?
People who do not have a valid address proof can also update their current residential address in Aadhaar card as well. This is the new facility of UIDAI allow an applicant to update their address through a validator. This process is done by “address validation latter”. The address in the Aadhaar card of the applicant is changed in the applicant’s Aadhar after the process is completed successfully.
The process of address change consists mainly of 3 steps:-
- Application by the applicant
- Approval of application by the Verifier
- Final Submission of application by the applicant
Application by the applicant:
- Visit UIDAI portal.
- Click on update your address online in Update aadhar section.
OR click here:https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Click on request for validation latter by clicking on the button.
OR click here:https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssupAddressPin/pinGenerate.html
Now, the question will arise in your mind is What is the address validation latter?
address validation latter is the latter which is sent to the Address Verifier’s address. The letter will contain a secret unique code sent for validation process after the Address Verifier consents to the use of his/her address by the requesting resident. After the request is submitted successfully the resident will get the Aadhaar Validation Letter within 30 days from the date of raising request.
- Then, enter your aadhar number or virtual ID and enter captcha in box.
- Click on send OTP button OR enter TOTP.
- Now, enter aadhar number of address verifier. Address verifies is a person which can be your friends, relative, family member, a landlord who is willing to let you use their address as proof. Address Verifier must have the same address registered in his/her Aadhaar.
- Now click on submit. After submitting the request one message contains OTP and link will be sent to the verifier’s mobile number.
- Verifier has to click on the link of the SMS and log in to the account. He has to enter the OTP received from SMS in the provided space and confirm the applicant’s request.
- In the final submit step, after validator confirmation, the applicant received a message with SRN and the link.
- Click on the link and submit SRN number with OTP. After verify and check all the details click on “submit update request” to complete the application process.
After approval of the application, the validator’s address will update in applicant’s aadhar card.
Update aadhar card address and other details by visiting enrolment center / Offline
You can also update your aadhar card details by visiting aadhar enrolment center. Follow these steps to update your aadhar card details offline.
- Visit your nearest enrolment center and fill the aadhar card correction form.
- Fill all the information correctly which you want to change according.
- The applicant charged Rs.25 for an update or correct all the aadhar card details to an enrolment center.
you can update all the data like name, address, mobile number, email id, image, gender etc. by visiting an enrolment center.
Update aadhar card details by Post/Offline
You can also update your aadhar card details offline by sending the request through the post to UIDAI. Steps involved in this method are:
- Download online the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” by visiting here
- Fill the all required details which you want to change or update in your Aadhar card.
- Get the copies of the documents or proofs like birth certificate, light bill xerox etc; that validate the changes.
- Send all the documents along with the form to the postal address as mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
UIDAI verify all the documents and update aadhar card details.
By these methods described above, you can change your aadhar card address and other details. If you got these informations helpful please share this with your friends and families and feel free to ask your issues in the comment. I will try to reply you as soon as possible.