Pan card is an important document for the person who has to pay income tax return. It provides the history of all financial transactions and income tax returns to the government by just a single click.
What is Pan card status
When any person applies for the pan card, he gets acknowledgment number to track the pan card online and offline. It can be important when it has not been received by the applicant. We can check the delivery status of pan card and can predict that when it will deliver.
This is the excellent feature of NSDL to check the status of the pan after applying for it.
In short, we can also tell that the pan card status is the facility by which we can track the pan card online and offline as well.
Why track Pan?
It is important to track pan because by this we can check the delivery status of pan card. Usually, it can take around 15 days to receive a pan card on his/her residential address after an application of pan card has been made.
Sometimes, it can take more than 15 days to reach the pan card to the residential address. In such cases, An individual can think that his/her application has been rejected and he/she will not get a pan card.
To prevent that, the government of India has made it easy to track pan for the applicant card by providing 15 digits acknowledgment number. By this acknowledgment number, any person can check pan card status easily by following some steps. An applicant can also check their Pan card status by providing name and date of birth.
Requirements to track your Pan:
- If an applicant has applied for pan card through NSDL, he/she required acknowledgment number OR
- If he/she has applied for Pan card through UTI Coupon number is required to check pan card status.
How to check Pan card status
You can check pan card status online as well as offline. It’s a very simple and totally free process.
Track your Pan by SMS [Offline]
This is the easiest method among these 3 methods. The applicant can check their pan card status by sending SMS. To check aadhar card status by SMS you have to follow these steps:
- Open the messaging application in your phone and type this message: NSDLPAN [Your 15 digits acknowledgment number]
- Send this message to 57575 number.
- You will get your pan card status on your number via Message.
By this method, you can check your NSDL Pan card status by message.
Check your pan status by Telephone Call [Offline]
This is also a simple method to check pan card status offline.
Track your Pan application status Online
There are 2 methods available by which you can check your pan card status Online:
- Check application status from UTI Portal.
- Check your application status through NSDL Portal.
Check Pan card status with coupon Number on UTI portal
- Visit UTI Website and click on tracking Pan card OR click here
- Enter your coupon number which is provided to you while you had applied for Pan card OR Enter existing Pan number.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the Submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button, you can show your pan card status on the screen.
Pan card status through acknowledgment number on NSDL Portal
Follow the steps below:
- Visit NSDL Portal and click on track Pan status OR Click here
- Choose the application type “PAN – New/Change Request” for your new or existing Pan card.
- Enter 15 Digits acknowledgment number in the given field.
- Fill the captcha.
- Click on “SUBMIT” Button.
The Pan card status will be display on your screen.
Check your Pan card status by name and date of birth(DOB)
You can also check your pan card status, even If you have lost your acknowledgment number or misplaced acknowledgment number. TIN and NSDL has made a provision to track pan card status with name and date of birth as well.
To check pan card status by name and date of birth, you have to follow these steps:
- Visit TIN-NSDL Portal by click here
- Select “PAN – New/Change Request” in application type section.
- Select the Name section to check pan card status by name or without acknowledgment number.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name and Date of Birth.
- Now, click on submit Button to check status.
The status will be display on the screen.
By the methods described above, you can check your Pan card status by name and date of Birth, through NSDL and through UTI Portal.